Quest 4 Fun
Join Glebe's finest afterschool program. Activities include sports, adventure games, crafts, cooking, special events and a whole lot more! A yummy snack is served each day. WE also provide walkover from our neighbourhing schools and also accept children who arrive on busses from Frqanco-Jenuness and Lamoureux. Questions? contact Alison O'Connor at email@example.com
All staff are fully trained and certified in Standard First Aid, CPR, & AODA, with a completed police record check. The Q4 program runs from after school to 6 pm, with programmed activities from 4:30 till 5:30.
At 5:30, children will move from the scheduled activities to free time. You are welcome to pick up your child at any time but please remember to sign your child out each day. During programmed time, please refer to the “Where Are We” whiteboard located in the atrium. The location of all children will be indicated. We are lucky to have the use of additional satellite facilities the Mutchmor/Corpus Field (located across the street. If your child is in an activity at a satellite location then they will have their belongings with them. This will make pick-up easier. Once again, please do not forget to sign them out.
The Q4 program is divided into 4 separate groups which each operate as their own distinct programs. This will give your child an opportunity to be in a more intimate environment with activities specifically geared to their age. Please note that this year all programs will be based out of the Glebe Community Centre. The groups are as follows:
The Kinders: JK + SK: Coordinator: Alex Dixon Location: Glebe Community Centre, Preschool Room
Based out of the Preschool Room in the Glebe Community Centre with occasional activities offsite at our satellite locations (Mutchmor and Corpus Gym and the field designed to meet the needs of our newest full-day school children and their families. Our kindergarten staff will ensure a fun and nurturing environment that will feel like a home away from home.
The Littles: grades 1 + 2: Coordinator: Lauren Fowler Location: Glebe Community Centre
The Middles: grades 3 + 4: Coordinator: Lauren Fowler Location: Glebe Community Centre
The traditional program you know and love will continue to run for our children in grades 1 - 4. Based out of the Glebe Community Centre with daily activities at our satellite locations (Corpus Gym and the field. The group will be subdivided into two age-based groups, grades 1 & 2 called “The Littles” and grades 3 & 4 called “The Middles”, both groups will occasionally play together.
The Vets: grades 5 + 6: Coordinator: Jason Irvine Location: Glebe Community Centre, gcCafe
This year, we have decided to change the way we offer activities for our Vets program. Along with our regularly scheduled activities, children will have the opportunity to sign up for various clubs (at no extra cost) which will take place on the same day each week.
This will include a theatre club which culminates with a performance for families, a journalism club which will develop and publish a regular Q4 newspaper, a sports league, and leadership opportunities within the community. We will also be offering cooking and pottery workshops, along with role-playing games and activities. Sign-up for these programs will happen during the first week of each season of Q4 and begin the second week. Please note, if your child signs up for a club, there is a commitment on their behalf to be there for the program, and therefore we ask that you plan to pick up no earlier than 5:30 on those days.
Walkover / Sign Out Privileges:
We are encouraging all children in the vets program (particularly those who attend Mutchmor and Corpus Christi schools) to walk independently to the community centre after school. Certainly, for the first week we will be happy to walk your child over to the centre to get them used to the routine. If you have any concerns regarding your child walking on their own, please let us know. If you would like to give permission to your child to walk home alone, please let us know. We will assume they do not have permission until we are informed otherwise by a parent.
PD Days & Holiday Break Camps
Please remember that on PD days and Breaks (December and March), child care is not included in your BC/Q4 registration. You must register and pay separately for these programs, although pre-care (before 9am) and post care (4:00-6:00pm) is included at no additional cost to Q4 and BC registrants.
Quest for Fun (Q4) and Breakfast Club (BC) Terms and Conditions
- Q4 registrants will be required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of $250 per child.
- This fee represents a small portion of each monthly payments ($25.00) made at the beginning of the year to secure your space. If you decide to withdraw from the program this fee will not be reimbursed. Even if this withdrawal occurs before the start of the scholastic year.
- The monthly fee for Q4 is $205 for the 2016/2017 school year.
- BC registrants will be required to pay a non-refundable registration fee of $40 per child.
- The same rules apply to this registration fee as to the Q4 registration fee
- The monthly fee for BC is $175 for the 2016/2017 school year.
Therefore if you are registering for both Q4 and BC you will pay a $290 non-refundable registration fee per child for 2016/2017 school year.
- Monthly fees will be charged by the midpoint of the month previous to the month to which it applies. (ie. September payment will be charged on the first business date after August 15, 2016)
- Upon registration you will be required to provide a method of payment for the next year. There are two options for payment, upon confirmation in the program, please complete one form and send it in.
- Option one: By credit card by placing a current credit card number on file with us. Please fill out the monthly credit card payment form and submit it to GNAG prior to your first scheduled monthly payment.
- Option two: Pre-Authorized Debits (PADs). If you pay by P.A.D. GNAG will freeze your fee at the 2015/2016 rate of $185/Q4 and $165/BC. (This option saves GNAG on administration and banking fees and we are happy to pass the savings onto our clients!) Please fill out the PAD form and submit it to GNAG prior to your first scheduled monthly payment.
We at GNAG understand that your family’s needs may change, and that Breakfast Club and Quest 4 Fun may no longer work for your family for a variety of reasons. Should you decide to withdraw from the Q4 or BC program we require one calendar month (not 30 days) notice in writing via e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org. Should you not be able to provide 30 days, your effective withdrawal date will be one calendar month from the date an email is received. (For example: If you withdraw on March 21, your withdrawal date will be April 30). This will allow us enough time to fill your child’s spot.
Email notification is preferred at email@example.com or call 613-233-8713. Please inform us if your child is going to be absent. We cannot leave the school until your child has been safely located; this delays the entire group from returning to the community centre.